The STInt Programme offers a unique professional development opportunity to pre-service primary and post-primary STEM teachers from across primary and post-primary teacher preparation programmes.
STInt Internship applications for Summer 2021 will be open from February 1st – 15th 2021. Apply on the progamme website.
How does it work?
- The STInt programme matches you with a STInt Host organisation.
- You will be paid to work with your STInt Host for 12 weeks on a meaningful STEM-related project.
- You will get hands-on experience and support from colleagues and mentors in your STInt Host organisation.
- You will gain new skills and first-hand experience of STEM roles.
- You will participate in professional development workshops through the STInt Programme, which will support you to transfer the knowledge and skills acquired during your STInt Internship into your classroom practice and to inspire your students about STEM careers.
- You will become part of a growing professional network of STInt Alumni, teachers who are passionate about inspiring innovative learning.
Since 2016, we have supported 70 STInt Internships for pre-service primary and secondary teachers in a range of companies across Ireland. The feedback is overwhelmingly positive, with STInt Interns reporting new skills, confidence in STEM-related topics and emerging technology, and a deeper understanding of the vast range of career types and trajectories associated with STInt Hosts. Since 2020, we have been working with STInt Hosts to offer virtual internships, and providing support for STInt Interns taking on these roles.