List of Finalists
The list of finalists for IChO 2019 is available in IrChO 2019 Finalists.
Highly Commended Students
- Mati Karski, Coláiste Éanna CBS – Rathfarnham, Dublin
- Glenn Gilmartin, Institute of Education – Leeson St Lower, Dublin
- David Kennedy, Gaelcholáiste Luimnigh – Sir Harry’s Mall, Limerick
- Ishita Solanki, St.Louis High School – Rathmines, Dublin
BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS
- Ellen O’Carroll, Presentation Secondary School – Loughboy, Kilkenny
- Conor Boylan, St. Mary’s CBS – Enniscorthy, Co Wexford
- David Conneely, St. Joseph’s College – Nun’s Island, Galway
- Auriel Guarino, Coleraine Grammar School – Coleraine, Co Londonderry
SILVER MEDAL WINNERS
- Conal Bonar, Saint Eunans – Letterkenny, Co Donegal
- Mark W J Crawford, Dalriada School – Ballymoney, Co Antrim
GOLD MEDAL WINNERS
- Brian Durkan, St. Muredach’s College – Ballina, Co Mayo
- Oisin McCullagh, St Patrick’s College Maghera – Maghera, Co Derry
IrChO 2019 Gold Medal winners – Brian Durkan and Oisin McCullagh
IrChO 2019 Silver Medal winners – Conal Bonar and Mark Crawford
IrChO 2019 Bronze Medal Winners – Auriel Guarino, David Conneely, Ellen O’Carroll, Conor Boylan
IrChO 2019 Highly Commended – Mati Karski, David Kennedy, Ishita Solanki, Glen Gilmartin
IrChO 2019 All winners with Scientific Committee – Dr Cormac Quigley (GMIT), Dr Pat O’Malley (DCU), Dr Mercedes Vasquez (DCU), Dr Brian Murphy (AIT) and Dr Odilla Finlayson (DCU)
IrChO 2019 Getting them Organised!!
IrChO 2019 During the examination
Irish Delegation for International Chemistry Olympiad 2019
All medal winners were invited to participate in Practical Training and after a further assessment, the top students were selected to represent Ireland at the IChO 2019 (July 21st – 30th) in Paris, France.
The Ireland Team was:
- Brian Durkan (St Muredach’s College, Ballina, Co. Mayo)
- Oisin McCullagh (St Patrick’s College, Maghera, Derry)
- Mark W J Crawford (Dalriada School, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim)
- David Conneely (St. Joseph’s College, Nun’s Island, Galway)
Ireland Team at IChO 2019: Dr Brian Murphy, Mark Crawford, Brian Durkan, David Conneely, Oisin McCullagh, Dr Cormac Quigley.
Success at International Chemistry Olympiad 2019
One team member, Brian Durkan from St. Muredach’s College, Ballina, Co Mayo won a bronze medal at the prestigious international event. Congratulations!
Bronze Medal Winner Brian Durkan, with mentors Dr Cormac Quigley and Dr Brian Murphy at IChO 2019.