The Irish Chemistry Olympiad is a competition for Irish students in the final year of second level education who are under twenty on December 31st in the year of the competition. It is held annually in Dublin City University (DCU). Students from Northern Ireland (NI) and the Republic of Ireland (RoI) are invited to take part in the competition.
The list of accepted registrations for the 2016 competition can be found IChO2016.
The Irish Olympiad in Chemistry for 2016 was held in DCU on the 5th March 2016. Photos from this year’s competition can be found here.
This year, Ireland may not participate in the IChO, (currently to be hosted in Pakistan).
Winners will receive
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Irish Science Olympiad Medals for A-Level students.
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Irish Science Olympiad Medals for Leaving Cert. students.
Notes for participants/Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is open from 10 am to 11:45 am. Tea/coffee and scones are available for sale in the Nursing Canteen from 10 am to 12 pm.
Please bring pens and calculator with you for the exam. Log tables are not permitted.
Students can bring in bottles of water to the test.
Schedule for 5th March
10:00-11:45 Registration in School of Nursing, DCU
12:00-14.30 MCQ Examination in T101, DCU
15.30-16:00 Medal Presentation Ceremony in HG20
- Should be sitting the Leaving Certificate or A-Level examination in 2016.
- Should be expected to get the highest marks in Chemistry from your School.
- Must register on-line or return the completed Application Form before 1st March 2016 with the list of selected students posted to this website by the 3rd March 2016.
- The selected students will be invited to take part in a test in DCU on Saturday 5th March 2016.
- Certificates will be given to all participants.
Fax: 01 7005503