Latest update for IrJSO 2017 – 21st October 2017
- Getting to DCU Business School: Check the map of Glasnevin campus here.
- Registration between 10 – 11 a.m. Registration only takes a few minutes per student, so arrive at your convenience between 10 and 10:45 a.m.
- Coffee shop will be open from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the Business School for light snacks/sandwiches.
- Parking available in multi-storey car park.
- Everyone welcome to the closing ceremony due to start at 2:45 p.m. in Business School.
- LogTables/Formulae Books not allowed. Periodic table and Table of Constants will be provided.
- Bring calculator/ruler/pen/pencil.
Welcome to IrJSO 2017 and congratulations if you have received a letter inviting you to participate in IrJSO this year.
The Irish Junior Science Olympiad (IrJSO) is a science competition for students who are under sixteen on December 31st of the year of the competition. Finalists qualify through the Junior Certificate Examinations and are identified by the State Examinations Commission (SEC). ONLY students who have received an invitation may participate. Substitutes or replacements are not acceptable.
At the IrJSO competition, all participants will receive a certificate. The top three students are awarded gold medals, the next three silver and the next three bronze. The gold & silver medal winners represent Ireland at the annual International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) in December in The Netherlands (ijso2017.nl). The bronze medal winners are on the reserve list. The top student in the competition will be awarded the Paraic James Memorial Trophy.
Click HERE for frequently asked questions.
Please complete the application form that you have received and return it to the address on the form by the 16th October 2017.
The list of finalists is available in IrJSO 2017 Finalists.
Competition will take place in DCU on Saturday 21st October 2017. Timetable is available HERE.
Dr. Eamonn Cunningham, School of Physical Sciences, DCU
Dr. Pat O’ Malley School of Chemical Sciences, DCU
Fax: 01 700 5503