The Irish Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) is a competition for Irish students in the final year of second level education who are under twenty on December 31st in the year of the competition. Students from Northern Ireland (NI) and the Republic of Ireland (RoI) are invited to take part in the competition.
This year, Round 1 will take place in Trinity College Dublin and Round 2 in Dublin City University.
- Should be sitting the Leaving Certificate / A-level examination or International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2020
- Should be expected to get the highest marks in Chemistry from your School.
- Must register on-line at http://castel.ie/icho-2020-form/ before 3rd February 20120.
- The selected students will be invited to take part in a test in TCD on Saturday, 15th February 2020.
- Certificates of participation will be awarded to all participants.
All medal winners, along with a Highly Commended panel, will be invited to attend training in Dublin City University (DCU) over the Easter break from 6th – 9th April, 2020. The final team of 4 students will be selected during this time to represent Ireland at the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO), which will take place in Istanbul, Turkey from the 6th – 15th July 2020. More information is available here: https://icho2020.tubitak.gov.tr/ Further training will take place at the end of June/beginning of July to prepare the team for the international competition.
Schedule for 15th February 2019:
|10:30 – 10:50 h||Registration at the Hamilton Building, Trinity College Dublin|
|11:00 – 12:00 h||Paper 1 in the MacNeil Lecture Theatre|
|12:00 – 12:30 h||Break|
|12:30 – 14:00 h||Paper 2 in the MacNeil Lecture Theatre|
|14:00 – 15:00 h||Break|
|15:00 h||Medal Presentation Ceremony – All welcome to attend!|
List of Finalists will be available here on 12th February 2020.
ISO Organisation Committtee 2020: Dr Cormac Quigley, GMIT, Dr Brian Murphy, AIT, Dr Pat O’Malley DCU, Dr Odilla Finlayson DCU, Dr Carl Poree, Dr John O’Donoghue TCD/RSC, Tom Conroy TCD. Funding acknowledged from North/South Cooperation Section, DES, TCD and the RSC.